Developed with Friesian specialist Marc-Peter Spahn who had previously struggled to find a saddle to fit the 'uphill' conformation of this breed. Also suited to baroque types such as Andalusians, Lipizzaners and Lusitanos.
This saddle supersedes the Fairfax Performance Elias Dressage Saddle and is only available in Black with Croc detailing.
- Deep rear, and slim front, gussets to provide a perfectly balanced platform for the rider on an 'uphill' horse
- Surface-mounted thigh block gives the experienced rider support without restricting their position
- Patented Performance Panel is proven to help the horse move more freely, improving extension, flexion and gait symmetry
- Use the shoulder blocks to fine tune the amount of leg support the rider requires
- Customise the blocks to allow the rider to sit squarely on a horse with asymmetrical shoulders
- Luxurious, super-grippy Italian calf leather.
This saddle features the ground-breaking Fairfax Performance Panel which is scientifically proven to increase limb extension, joint flexion and gait symmetry.
The weight-bearing part of the panel under the rider’s seat is separated from the part under the rider’s knee (which lies over the horse’s shoulder). This allows the horse’s shoulder independence of movement, free from any restriction that a traditional panel could potentially cause – particularly beneficial on a horse with big shoulders or big shoulder movement.
Performance and World Class Dressage Saddles are supplied with three thicknesses of changeable shoulder blocks.
Select the thickness of block according to rider preference - the thicker the block, the ‘closer’ it will bring the flap to the rider’s leg.
If a horse has asymmetrical shoulders, use the thicker block on the side with less muscle. This allows the rider to sit squarely while the horse is free to move underneath, building up muscle without restriction. Some riders might prefer for the block to be removed completely, in this case, replace it with a 'blank'.
All Fairfax saddles are designed using the scientific research and development that goes into our Performance and World Class ranges. Every saddle benefits from our pressure-relieving design experience – so the horse benefits too!
The wool-flocked panels are lined with a layer of Prolite® for proven pressure distribution, while still allowing for traditional re-flocking on site.
Changeable Gullet Bars
All saddles feature a changeable gullet bar (either S-Bar or R-Bar) which allows the saddle fitter to choose the width fitting that best suits the profile of the horse’s withers. The bars can be changed quickly and easily as the horse develops or changes shape.
|17", 17½", 18"
|N/M to XW/XXW
|Gullet Bar Type
FAIRFAX PERFORMANCE CARA MONOFLAP DRESSAGE SADDLE
Contact us to discuss offline purchase options!
Explore our online saddle trial facility where you will find -
- Used Fairfax saddles for sale & export.
- New Fairfax saddles for purchase through trial & testing.
- Truly professional advice and guidance from our Fairfax endorsed SMS Master Saddle Fitter.
See our New Fairfax saddles online HERE.